I bet you all are wondering where we have been lately! I have not given up blogging, by any means - I just fell off the blogging wagon for a bit. As you can see - I started this post on March 29. MARCH 29! Today is May 21. Where has the spring gone???
Rest assured, I'm climbing back on! I have LOADS of stories to share. Here is a quick update - with more posts to follow in the coming days.
Actually, what happened is my laptop picked up a nasty virus in Mid-February. It took about two weeks for my "I don't wanna work on computers at home" IT genius husband to reload my computer. I say that with all due respect - I'm sure everyone knows what its like to be without a computer!
It's ironic that my computer died right at the beginning of my IT class for my MBA. That only added to my lack of computer stress!
My computer is now running - and is better than ever with an upgrade to Windows 7 and Office 2007. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. Everything happens for a reason!
What has the Lee Family been up to?
LOTS!
I just wrapped up my final MBA class for the year. It was a tough class with a tough ex-Harvard and ex-Stanford professor. I have just two classes to go, but have used all of the tuition money for the year that Mayo Clinic so graciously gives me. So, I am going to enjoy a much needed break until January!
Madison has wrapped up her dance classes. Although she has enjoyed the class, she would like to try something else. She really enjoys swimming so we have enrolled her in the Orca Kids Swim Club for the summer. She will continue to take lessons throughout this summer and next winter.
It has also been preschool re-evaluation time for us. We have put a lot of thought into whether or not Madison will need some preschool before beginning kindergarten in Fall 2011. Thanks to our fabulous daycare provider and all the wonderful work she does (We love you, Dawn!), we have decided that Madison does not need preschool. We are going to keep her enrolled in an athletic activity (like swimming!) as well as take advantage of various science and other learning based community education classes that are offered through out the year.
Cameron is on the go! He is such a boy. He is rough and tumble tough and LOVES to play outside. He loves being outside almost as much as he loves to eat. We all know how this kid can eat! We can tell that he will be a kid that loves to play in the sandbox at the camper this summer! He has finally found his voice. He is starting to say lots of words such as; More, Milk, Shoes, Door, Thank you, Peas (please), I yov you, bye-bye, and night-night. He is also pretty good at screaming "MAAAOM!" when he needs help.
Mike has been busy with lots and lots of work. They sure keep him on his toes with lots of computer repairs, upgrades, and changes. He is also pretty wrapped up in playing 18 millionth version Final Fantasy on the PS3. When he isn't playing Final Fantasy, he wants to be! Actually, he has also kept quite busy with some additions to our home landscaping.
Also if you follow me on facebook, you will know that we recently had a new addition to our little family. We adopted a black lab mix from Small Dog Rescue of MN. Windsor is now about 5 months old and weighs in at about 18 lbs. Since we do not know what he is mixed with, we do not really know how big he will be. We have vet estimates ranging from 30 to 70 pounds! However, a typical black lab mix should be about 35-40 pounds by now - since he is not even close to that, it looks like he will stay on the smaller side! The vet now thinks he will be lucky to hit 30 pounds. We are thinking he is a bichon mixed with a smaller lab mix or a dachshund mixed with a smaller lab mix. Either way, he is cute as all heck! He has kept us busy with potty training, walks, and lots of wet puppy kisses. It is getting easier, but puppies sure are a lot of work! We love him just the same and now we can't imagine life without him!
We have been going to the camper every weekend since April 15 - our living space has doubled with the addition of a nice big deck! The boating season has officially begun with our inaugural boat rides taking place last weekend.
That's it for now. More posts are coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment