Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lots of snow

I have lived in Minnesota all my life. It's been a long time since I've seen this much snow...probably since my days in Duluth. We knew this storm was coming - but we never believe the weather man - heck, what other job can you be wrong 90% of the time and still have a job??? We didn't have plans this weekend anyway, so we were looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at home. HA! It was anything but relaxing, especially for Mike. We spent Friday night looking out the window and saying, "dumb weather guys, what do they know??" We headed off to the MN Icehawks hockey game in perfect weather. Madison and I left the game an hour later (little munchkin's bedtime!) and the snow was coming down like crazy!


Saturday morning, there was the ice. Wow - a lot of ice. It was about an inch thick on our front windows and door. The sidewalk was beyond trecherous. We still didn't think it would get any worse. But it did...pretty soon the snow started on top of that ice. And we started worrying that we would lose power. Thankfully, we never did - but some people living just outside of Rochester are still without power. Sunday morning we woke up to the snow still coming down fast and furious. There were cars getting stuck in the street outside our house. The plow hadn't been through yet. Mike spent about an hour getting our driveway plowed and went to his parent's house where it took almost three hours to plow them out. Right after he left, the plow came by and blocked our driveway in again. I knew that Mike wouldn't want to see that when he got home, so I shoveled it up while Madison napped. That was some heavy snow!



This is looking out at our street on Saturday morning, before the storm really got started. The mailboxes across the street are now nearly buried in snow....one more good pass by the snowplow outta bury 'em.

This is our front window totally covered in ice.

This is our backyard. The lower level of the deck is four steps up and as you can see, the snow drifts cover all of the steps. This is pre-snowblowing. There is a lot more snow from the driveway there now!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Remember that first year in Duluth? I don't think I've ever seen that much snow in my life!! It was like driving through tunnels going to the mall. And going to Todd's apartment? Snow up to my hip! We're supposed to have more snow this week....