Wow - today is kind of a crazy, mixed up day. I'm happy, sad, and mad all at once.
Mad and Sad
Two things made me mad today. Did everyone hear about that home invasion and murder that happened in Waseca? Read about it at http://www.startribune.com/467/story/982051.html. The guy says it was an accident. AN ACCIDENT??? How is walking into someone's house in the middle of the night and shooting three people an accident??? That makes me angry and sad that two people are dead, one is fighting for her life, and another child has to face life without a father and brother due to a criminal's "accident."
Did you hear about the mother in Duluth that left her child in a car that wasn't running for 30 minutes? That is bad enough - but it was twenty degrees below zero outside and the child wasn't dressed for the weather. http://www.startribune.com/462/story/980695.html. They make you get a license to own a dog - but they'll let anyone have kids! I know plenty of people that would take that woman's babies and love them enough to not leave them in a car period. It makes me sad that there are people out there who can't have children and then this person doesn't care about her children.
Happy
I'm not just angry and sad today. I'm glad for a few things:
1. When I dropped Madison off at daycare she ran off to play. I shouted after her, "have a good day, be good!" and she ran back to me for a hug. So Cool.
2. I'm thankful for heat. Really Thankful. Dang, its cold.
3. I'm thankful for a car that is reliable and that started today! Yah! When it is -18 degrees when you leave for work, the car starting is a really good thing!
4. I'm a scrapbooking addict. This is a really cool new line of scrapbook organization stuff by two of my favorite scrappers! http://www.lisabecky.com . Very cool stuff. I'm adding it all to my wish list!
No comments:
Post a Comment