We have been a bit absent from the blogging world lately. In the past few weeks we have spent five days camping along Lake Bylesby in Cannon Falls with our good friends Heather, Terry, and their kids Jacob, Joshua, and Riley. Madison and Riley are great little buddies and had a blast camping! Each day we spent a lot of time on the boat. In this picture, Madison looks like she is just kicking back and soaking in the sunshine. I think she is actually sleeping!In addition to camping, Chad and Jodi joined us for a day of boating the Mississippi River. It was a perfect day on the river! It was about 95 degrees but it felt great while we were cruising. We took the boat the farthest south that it has ever been. On our return trip to the Wabasha Mississippi Parkside Marina we had to wait for a barge to go through a lock and dam. It was the largest barge I have ever seen and it took nearly three hours - thank goodness we had plenty of snacks and water onboard! At the end of our hot day on the river we ate dinner at Slippery's. We usually dock and dine but we were tired so we pulled the boat out of the water first and drove there.
I also started school. Boy - it feels strange being a student again! I am a little overwhelmed as this is my first week of class. It's a bit different in an online learning environment and I am a little nervous that I will miss an assignment or deadline. I am developing a routine and I think once I get into a good groove this school thing will go just fine.
We are off for another exciting weekend of camping and boating. This weekend we will be camping at Bray Park on Lake Madison. It is just a bit east of Mankato. We have never been there before so we are hopeful that it is a nice place and the lake is great for recreation.
No comments:
Post a Comment