Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pee-pee in the potty

So - about a month ago we started to do some pre-potty training with Madison. We bought a potty, a bunch of stickers and some training pants. We gave it a good shot but Madison thought it was a game. So, we took a little break...then I bought some pull-ups. I thought it might be easier to get her to sit on the potty from time to time and would provide more protection for accidents. It was easier and gradually it became less and less of a game.

This morning Madison woke up with a dry pull-up. I asked her if she needed to go on the potty and she said "Yes!" So, we ran to her potty chair and sat her down and before we knew it, the little trumpets on her musical royal potty were blaring. Madison had gone! YIPPEE! Mike and I cheered and danced around and gave her a sticker as a reward. She looked at us like we were nuts. I don't think she realizes how huge it is that she went on the potty.

Since I was going to work a little early today, I wasn't able to snap a picture of our girl and her potty. Oh well - I'll get one next time.

No comments: