Friday, June 12, 2009

Orca Kids Swim School


I C A N S W I M

Instead of enrolling in our regular community ed swimming lessons, we put Madison in Orca Kids Swim School at the Rec Center. MAN! She learned so much more in these lessons! They were well worth the extra money. The program has 8 levels - I C A N S W I M. Madison skipped the I level and went directly into level C.
She just finished up this session of classes and has advanced to level A. Each time they move up a level, they get a button with the letter of the level that they just passed.
In level C, Madison learned how to put her face under water, kick, and float on her back. She was also starting to work on floating on her front, a technique typically taught in level A.
She could continue taking lessons throughout the summer, but we are usually so busy in the summer that we decided to hold off until fall. So, she is getting a little break from lessons and then will start up again in the fall.


Madison learned and improved so much over the 6 weeks of lessons. I'm so proud of how far she has come!

1 comment:

Yasemin said...

Tracy,

Sorry ive been such a stranger on the blog here! Youssef is keeping me hopping now that school is out, and we're doing lots of sidewalk chalk and having fun.

Cameron is so sweet, and I just love him. He's a little more like Mike so far! Sounds like he is teething since he looked for something cold to nibble on :)

I haven't done any swimming lessons so far with Youssef, and he still wears scuba suits (The Nemo and Lightening McQueen ones) with built-in life jacket. Glad you are getting out there, strangely many city pools have yet to open here despite hot temperatures. Madison looks so happy and seems to be adjusting to big sisterhood well.

I'm sorry about Madison's fish. Maybe you can get some birds. Our canaries are noisy, but much easier to care for than fish with their crazy PH levels. I actually hate fish and am scared of them! I had koi fish and one jumped out and I found him dead on the floor. Very macabre. And then one time, we were moving, and took the fish in the tank on a 15 minute highway ride. They both died from the waves. And then growing up, we had an angel fish that did forward flips (!) and hated all the other fish. Every week a molly, guppie, whatever went belly up, I think because of this huge angelfish. Ugh.

Love the monster truck! And also, just how Madison is because she plays dress-up but then also enjoys less princessy things too. I love that!