Monday, December 14, 2009

Birthday Boy

Can you believe that one year ago, I was paying bills and editing photos while in labor with Cameron.  I knew I should get to the hospital, but I was afraid the bills wouldn't get paid if I didn't do it before going to the hospital.  I'm still not really sure why I was editing photos, I just did.

When I got to the hospital, they made sure that I really was in labor and then quickly wheeled me in to surgery.  Before I knew it, the doctors were handing me my precious boy! 



I could not believe how much he looked like Madison!




It's impossible to not love a face like that!

Today he looks very little like Madison.  Actually, he looks just like his Daddy.  Grandma compared a picture of Mike as a baby to a picture of Cameron and they look exactly the same...right down to the rolls of fat in the legs! 

Gone is his brown hair - it is now super blonde and super soft.  I love the feel of his hair on my cheek as he falls asleep at night. 

He has changed so much in the past year.  This Mamma has only grown to love him more and more. 



He is very much a Daddy's boy and constantly says Dada and even "Hi Daddy" sometimes.  He is much less  interested in saying Mama.  He made my day on Sunday when he said Mama over and over again though.  He is now giving hugs and so far, this proud Mommy has been the only one lucky enough to recieve hugs. 

Cameron adores his big sister and lights up when she comes into the room.  He wants to do whatever she is doing, which is often not welcomed by his big sister.  Their favorite activity lately is playing with a pooh bear ride on.  Madison rides and Cameron pushes.  Somehow, Cameron doesn't realize that he is getting the short end of that deal.

Cameron is very close to walking.  In fact, if he weren't in such a hurry, he'd probably be doing it by now!  He will let go of the couch and stand there.  When he realizes that he isn't holding on, he tries to run!  Of course, that doesn't usually end well.  It won't be long and I'll be getting a work out just trying to keep up with him. 

Cameron LOVES his food.  LOVES.  He's like a dog, you never get between him and his food.  Never. 
It's hard to say what his favorite food is because he likes them all.  Actually, he does really love bananas.  In fact, you can't show him a banana that you do not intend to give him. 

He is going to quickly outweigh his sister.  She is such a little peanut and he is such a moose!  Whenever Madison is mean to her baby brother, I remind her that it won't be long and he'll be able to beat her up.  She thinks she will always be bigger than Cam, but somehow I don't think that will be true! 




I must admit I've struggled a bit with Cameron celebrating his first birthday.  His first year of life has gone by in the blink of an eye.  Although I very vividly remember the sleepless nights and endless feedings, it feels like I have missed him being a baby.  Life is much busier with two children and its easy to miss what is happening around you.  Today, my baby is no longer a baby, but a toddler.  He is leaving behind the bottles, the sweet baby babbles, and even some of the baby cuddles.  Although I am excited about each new accomplishment, every new "first," I will miss the things he leaves behind. 

Happy First Birthday my Sweet Cameron.  I have loved every moment with you. 

No comments: