For most people, when you buy a new car its because you have used your old one up - it's worn out, broken down, and you're ready. Or, it doesn't suit your needs any more - again, you're ready for something else. That wasn't true with either of our trucks. So, it felt like something was taken away from us when we weren't ready to give them up.
We didn't really know when the salvage company would show up to haul them away so I ran home on my lunch hoping that they would come while I was there. As luck would have it, the guy was there with our trucks already loaded on a flatbed. He was just cleaning up the mess that was made from dragging them up there.
So I asked him if they take scrapmetal too - I had a few things left over from the demolition that we needed to get rid of. He said no and explained that the trucks were going to auction.
Who in their right mind would want these things? There is nothing left of them and they are full of broken glass, melted plastic, and metal!
The guy then explained that people will pay big bucks for these trucks, especially Mike's new F-150. They still had VIN numbers and titles - and people buy them to pull the VIN off them and put it on a stolen vehicle. Viola! They have a clean title!
I stood there in shock. People really do this? I'm actually doing business with someone that specializes in
this sort of thing?
I was dumbfounded. I still am in shock about our misfortune leading to a shady character's gain.
No comments:
Post a Comment