Wow! What a day. The day after Thanksgiving is traditionally for shopping - which I did today - ONLINE. Forget going out to the crowded stores to stand in line and fight for position to get that cheap portable DVD player or TV or whatever else - Did you know that many of the stores offer the SAME deals online with free shipping?? No lines, no pushy jerks behind you, no crowds and nobody asking me if I want this store or that store's credit card. I shopped a lot today - got a lot done! I only have a few gifts left to buy.
Shopping online left me some time to get our Christmas decorations up. The lights are up outside, the house is decorated, the tree is up.
Which brings me to a funny story....Madison is scared of the Christmas tree. She woke up from her nap around the same time that we finished putting up the tree. Mike lit it up and brought her in to see it. She got this terrified look on her face and grabbed Mike around the neck. She literally tried to climb up his chest to get as far away from that tree as she could! The fear did not pass with time, either. Everytime we brought her in the family room, she was afraid of that tree.
I suppose that is a good thing. I don't have to worry about her grabbing ornaments and eating them. (only Tyler does that!) I was going to wrap all the gifts and hide them away because I was afraid she would tear into them when I'm not looking - but that tree is a nice little built in deterrant. She won't dare go near those packages.
No comments:
Post a Comment