Monday, May 07, 2007

Hug your Kids

I found out about this terrible tragedy through another blog that I read often. Check out the article at http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1681224.php. Itwill rip your heart out. This family was just driving down the road and in the blink of an eye their future was wiped out. Their family - gone. So sad, so tragic, so random. The families memorial site is at http://www.lifetomotion.com/login/coble/index.html. Look through the pictures. They look like a wonderful family - doing things with their kids, working hard, trying to live the dream. Now all of it is gone. They were doing things right - their kids were in a safe car and strapped into car seats like they should be. Yet none of it helped. Kind of makes me want to buy a tank - forget about our economical cars and gas mileage. What is more important?

I'm struck by how random this was. They look like good people, nice people...the kind of people that I would like to know. When God put his plan together, how did this make sense? How could God expect these parents to lose all three of their children and come out of it okay? I know that I wouldn't. How will they go home each day to a house that was once full of life and is now quiet?

I know I should trust God's plan - not fear it. That trust is difficult though when you see a seemingly very nice family go through this. They looked like good people - it that was his plan for them, then what is His plan for me, a person who has screwed up more than a few times?

Maybe this reads like I'm questioning my faith. I'm not - I'm just struggling to believe that this was part of God's plan. Just like I struggle to believe that it was God's plan for 32 people to die at the hand of a mad man at Virginia Tech. I am starting to think that some of these things are really the devil's plan getting in the way of God's plan.

No comments: