
I thought I would share a cute picture of Madison. Love denim and white on her!
In light of today's I-35W bridge collapse I wanted to share the importance of blood donation. I do not have a lot of time or money to give back to my community so I give blood every other month. My next blood donation appointment is next Wednesday. One single blood donation by employees saves the Mayo Clinic $1500! It's amazing how much money it saves. In times of tragedy, blood is a precious resource that could save a life. We all have plenty of it and it's renewable - all it takes is an hour of your time and a small moment of pain when they stick you with the needle....a small price to pay for all the good it does. They even give you cookies and juice when you're done - I can't think of anything better than eating a few chocolate chip cookies GUILT FREE!
There are also many other great perks to donating blood. Your's truly is August's Mayo Employee Blood Donor of the Month. I get a sweet designated parking spot near the front entrance to my office building. Parking at our building isn't too bad - but that sweet spot is awful nice when I'm dashing in the door at 7:58 A.M.
My prayers go out to those injured, the families of those lost, and to the rescue workers. My heart is heavy as I think of how many families are somehow affected by this. May we learn a lot from this tragedy so that it never happens again. If you can find an hour tomorrow, our hospitals across Minnesota will need a pint of your blood - please go donate. It may not help a victim of today's tragedy but it will replenish the supply for the next person that needs it.
No comments:
Post a Comment