Omigosh - I have never seen so much water in my life!!!
In NW Rochester we received 10.64 inches of rain on Saturday. Thankfully, the Rochester Flood Control Project that was completed 12 years ago did it's job. There is A LOT of water flowing through the many creeks into the Zumbro River. There are a lot of areas that are flooded over - but thankfully life and most property was spared. The real damage came from several landslides in our area.
There are a lot of homes with wet basements - not ours!! Thank God for living on a hill.
As I type this, however, my feet are in squishy wet carpet. My office building flooded pretty bad. They wet vac'd the carpet but it is still very wet. The industrial sized fans have been blowing all day, making it feel damp and cold. The worst is the musty icky smell! I hope that gets better by tomorrow.
I will try to post pictures later - and if I get really motivated - maybe a video of the rushing water of Cascade Creek. Please say a prayer for our neighbors to the East, some of who lost not only their homes and possessions but loved ones as well.
1 comment:
Yuck! Glad you're okay and only in squishy carpet!
Post a Comment