...You've been puked on by your child.
Do you get extra Mommy points when it happens in the middle of a crowded restaurant?
Madison has been sick with Roseola since last Friday. She seemed to be turning a corner yesterday, but we still cancelled our Holiday weekend camping trip as a precaution. Last night, after nearly a week of taking care of a sick child, I didn't want to cook. So, we went to Brother's Bar and Grill for supper.
Now, Brother's isn't anything fancy - it's just a nice place to get a good burger and a tall glass of beer. It has a family friendly bar atmosphere and is a place that we enjoy watching a good Packer's game.
Madison didn't eat much. That did not strike me as unusual tho - she hasn't eaten much for the past week.
Before long, she climbed into my lap, it was getting close to bedtime so I thought she was just tired. I realized my tummy kind of hurt, so I wasn't eating much either. Mike had just paid the tab and we were about to leave when this sweet little child starts spewing vomit over my shoulder.
Mike says "did she just...."
...and then she heaved again. This time more and it was all over me.
And then a third time...all over herself and my arms.
Mike, bless his heart, handed me a napkin. A SINGLE NAPKIN. He was just trying to help, somehow...but of course, I had a bad wife moment and asked "what good is that going to do???"
I apologized at least four times to those around us - those poor people trying to eat their meals and they get blasted with the smell of Madison's puke!! Our server did not miss a beat, she handed me a wet towel, said everyone has kids and to not worry about it. Before we were out the door she already had some bus boys in rubber gloves cleaning up the mess.
I'm not sure I can go back there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment