I have completed 50% of my MBA program. Have I mentioned yet that I'm really sick of it? Reading boring text books and happy touchy-feely management crap is really getting old. Not to mention the endless papers that I seem to be writing.
Gee...aren't I just a ray of sunshine today?
So - if I'm sick of it, why am I doing it? Well - because the Mayo Clinic pays for it. They pay $7200 per year for my tuition. So, by taking four classes per year, I pay only a few hundred dollars towards tuition and I have to buy my books. There's nothing like an almost-free education! Also, they will PAY ME MORE when I finish it. I don't even have to change jobs to get that raise - I can stay in my current position and see a bigger paycheck just because I have those three little letters after my name. So - that is my motivation.
I must say that even tho I am sick of, the way I am doing it does work well. Capella University has an awesome online program. I have to take 16 classes, each of them is 6 weeks long. I don't have to go to class, I do it all right from my computer - I can be in my pajamas or even in my
birthday suit if I wanted to but it's too dang cold for THAT! It works out that I am in school for six weeks and then I get a six week break. If I wanted to pay some of my own money towards this, the program could be completed in about a year and a half.
birthday suit if I wanted to but it's too dang cold for THAT! It works out that I am in school for six weeks and then I get a six week break. If I wanted to pay some of my own money towards this, the program could be completed in about a year and a half. Not only do I not want to pay for it, I don't want to feel like I am constantly in school. So - this works. I'm half way there.
At least, while I work on these endless papers, I get to sit at my computer with this cute little guy sleeping on my chest in a sling. Not bad.
2 comments:
I ate some really hot sauce at work this morning called the Boom! in a company wide taste contest from hell. We're talking 50 million peach habaneros rolled into a tiny amount of sauce and a girl who HATES spicy food. Needless to say, I ended up having to go home and change during lunch after throwing up afterward. So when I read about your birthday suit, I couldn't stop laughing despite the intense stomach pains!
I can't imagine having to read the management books all day but at least it's a means to an end. At this point, an mba sounds much better degree-wise than most degrees you could attain!
Oh gosh - your day sounds almost as rough as mine was! More on that in my next post!
Post a Comment