Thursday, January 15, 2009

Even colder!

I'll quit bitching about the weather when we have temps above 0!!

Our thermometer bottomed out at -26.3 around 5am this morning, and then the battery in the outdoor sensor froze and it quit tranmitting temps. The wind chill is near -50.

The keypad to open our garage door froze and quit working. This keypad is very important, our garage is not attached to the house, so its a pain to get into the garage when the keypad freezes!

Mike had to drive to Lacrosse again today - he said as he was driving along the interstate, cars would suddenly just stop running and be stranded alongside the road.

Mike stopped at our neighborhood Kwik Trip before leaving town this morning. The pumps have stopped working due to the cold. Good thing he was only there for a breakfast sandwich and a coffee!

The weatherman says we should have temps near 30 next week. That's about a 60 degree swing, without counting windchill. That will be downright tropical! Is anyone up for having a luau?

3 comments:

DawnNick said...

I am definately up for a luau or a warm climate vacation. dont forget to add the baby boy to the top of your blog (the name of your blog is still Tracy, Mike and Madison Lee. Hope all is well with the baby and try to stay warm! Dawn Kleeberger

Tracy said...

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot to add Cam!

Yasemin said...

I can't believe it! I'm glad though that Cameron was a winter baby so you don't really feel like leaving the house as much anyway!