On Saturday morning, Mike asked me how I wanted my laundry room - and after a quick trip to Menards for additional supplies, this is what I now have!!! Well - I guess it was more than a quick trip to Menards, it took Mike all day to get it done. Much to my surprise however, it was completed with minimal swearing!!
Prior to this transformation, I only had a plastic storage shelf that ran from the floor to the ceiling in the corner near the dryer. I managed to cram a lot of stuff on it, but it was disorganized and difficult to find anything. Plus, it always looked like it would fall over at any minute! I was always nervous anytime I pulled a bin off the shelf. I should have taken a before picture!
Now, I have installed shelves that run from the floor to the ceiling. The highest shelves run around two walls. There is plenty of room for my scrapbooking supplies that don't fit in my scrapbooking area, old files, luggage, extra linens, etc.
Now, I have installed shelves that run from the floor to the ceiling. The highest shelves run around two walls. There is plenty of room for my scrapbooking supplies that don't fit in my scrapbooking area, old files, luggage, extra linens, etc.
Mike had the awesome idea of adding a shelf near the top of the wall on the left side as you enter the room. He installed a clothes poll so I can hang clothes as they come out of the dryer. I would have never thought to put this shelf here but it is a perfect use of the space. On the top of the shelf is where I will store kid's clothes as they outgrow them. (Diaper boxes are the perfect size for storing clothes up there too!)
To the right and behind the door, Mike installed these two small shelves. This was an afterthought as we had a little extra shelving and a few extra support brackets. It is perfect for hanging snowpants and coats! We will also store our boots and a few rubbermaid bins of extra hats, mittens and scarves in this area. (Yes, that IS my old letterman jacket hanging there, I can't quite bring myself to throw that old thing out for some reason.)
So - here is a little blog-love to Mike for spending his Saturday making my laundry room a little nicer place. The only thing that would make it better would be to remove the washer and dryer to install a nice scrapbooking counter. Clean clothes are so over rated anyway!
Oh yea - and if you're wondering why we haven't had many pictures of Madison lately, it isn't because we have forgotten about her in favor of Cameron. Not at all. In fact, Madison and I enjoyed some very fun one-on-one time on Saturday night. I have a few really cute pictures that I hope to share in the next few days, I just need Mike to get them out of my camera phone.




3 comments:
Mike rocks!!!! Also, Tracy I almost lost my mind when I saw Cameron. He looks exactly like your newborn pic!
That's funny, I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday and she said she found a newborn picture of me where I look just like Cameron!
We had one picture of you as a newborn alongside one of me and Elizabeth in the albums. I can't tell you how similar Cameron is to you in that pic with the red hair and even the way your both positioned.
Post a Comment