I saw a robin last night. That is usually the sure sign - I think spring might be here! I also saw lots of shorts and pasty white legs yesterday. In Minnesota, that only means that the temperature is above freezing. It’s really funny how fast Minnesotans break out the shorts and pasty white legs. I’m not sure if it’s to start tanning those legs or to laugh in the face of Old Man Winter. I’m thinking that it is to dare Old Man Winter to bring on more snow and cold.
C’mon, Old Man Winter – is that all you’ve got? Bring it on!
It was 65 and sunny on Monday, 59 and sunny on Tuesday. Friday is the first day of spring. I think the old man is running out of gas.
2 comments:
This is probably the longest winter ever for you guys! We just did our frst swim of the year Monday at frigid Barton Springs, but I can't imagine breaking out shorts even if it is 59 today!
Haha! AMATUERS! It's funny tho - 59 degrees in the fall here is downright cold - thats jeans and sweatshirt weather - but when it hits 59 in the spring we pull out the shorts and t's - and start dreaming of the ice going out so we can put the boat in the water!
Post a Comment