Monday, August 24, 2009

Yes-You


By the title of this post, one would think I'm scolding Madison. Yes, YOU. GET OVER HERE. NOW or I am talking to YOU, Madison!


Now, wouldn't that be a fun post?


Actually, it wouldn't be a fun post. For me at least. I say that stuff all the time. I am still not convinced that Madison has any hearing. Or at least she can't hear my voice. I digress.

This post is actually about something that Madison says that is really cute. I want to remember it. It is definetely a scrapbook page - if I actually had time to scrapbook.


Mommy: AHHHHHHHHH.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHOOOOOOOOOO!



Madison: Yes-You, Mommy.


Mommy: *sniff* Huh?



Madison: You Yes-You'd. So I said Yes-you.



Mommy: Do you mean Bless you?



Madison: No - yes-you.



Mommy: I'm confused.



So, in Madison's world, a sneeze is a yes-you. It is followed by a yes-you blessing. I've tried explaining that a ahhh-chooo is a sneeze and that you say "Bless you" or "God bless you" after a sneeze.



She does not believe me. So now, a sneeze and the customary post sneeze blessing is a yes-you in our house.



I hope I don't ever respond with a Yes-You when I hear my co-worker sneeze on the other side of my cubical.




No comments: