We all have to make choices in life. I often try to give Madison choices. You know the ones - "Madison, choose something to wear or I will choose something" or "Madison, you can eat your dinner and get desert or eat nothing and go to bed."
I have been struggling to keep Madison at the table during dinner time. She is always up and roaming around. I've come close to using duct tape. Very. Very. Close.
I few nights ago, after getting after Madison about leaving the table before being excused, I was presented with a choice.
This is how it went down:
Mommy: Madison, you need to stay at the table and eat your dinner and drink your milk.
Madison: I need a cookie.
Mommy: Well, there are no cookies for little girls that don't eat their dinner and drink their milk.
Madison: You choose, Mommy. I get a cookie or I don't drink my milk. What's it gonna be????
Honestly, I lost it at this point. The kid had me backed into a corner. I was laughing so hard I couldn't scold her anymore.
It's a good thing we were all out of cookies - she probably would have gotten one if there were any in the house!
1 comment:
Too stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment