Monday, September 28, 2009

Face Plant


I’ve been predicting all summer.

Cameron loves to play at the door in our camper. Given his love for playing at the door, I just knew the day would come when he would fall out it – and down those heavy metal camper steps.

The day has finally come.

On Sunday the weather was horrible. The wind was gusting at 30+ MPH, the rain was coming down sideways. It was so bitterly cold so the rain felt like sleet. Mike and I decided to close up the camper and head for home. We were nearly finished and Madison came running out of the camper with her jacket and shoes on. So, I closed the door and helped her into the car. Then I went back for Cam.

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me that he was probably standing at that door. I whipped open the door against the strong winds and out tumbled Cameron!

I remember screaming, but I’m sure the strong winds just blew the screams away.

Cam did two full somersaults before I caught him.

I quickly scooped him up and held him close. Miraculously, he was no worse for the wear! He had a small scrape on his cheek, under his eye but was otherwise unhurt. Of course, he was screaming and had giant crocodile tears rolling down his face. I’m sure he was more scared than anything.

Do you suppose he has learned that he shouldn't play at the door? I can't wait for my deck to be set up, so I don't have to worry about him falling down those stairs anymore!

No comments: