
A few weekends back, we were enjoying a potluck taco dinner. We were at the camper - my parents were visiting and we were joined by many friends from around the campground.
I was being pulled in a million different directions. Cameron and Madison needed plates of food, someone needed a spoon, sour cream, etc. All I wanted to do was sit down and eat my taco.
I was hungry.
Our friends have a kiddie pool on their campsite for the kids to play in. I recall Madison saying she wanted to swim. I recall someone asking me if it was okay.
I said sure. Not really thinking about the fact that she wasn't wearing a swimsuit.
Again, all I wanted to do was eat my taco. I would have agreed to just about anything at that point, just for a moment of silence in which to enjoy the pile of rice, beans, veggies, meat, and cheese that were wrapped in a flour tortilla on my plate.
Minutes later, I look up to see a look of absolute horror on Mike's face.
There was Madison, in the kiddie pool, completely naked!
There is a picture of her in this state. Imagine the picture of her above, but without clothing. Ok, don't imagine it - that's sick. But - you get the idea.
1 comment:
Isn't funny what you agree to when you are hungry or focused on something completely else other than what your kids want at that second! That is too funny! Thanks for the laugh!
Sara Salter Anderson
Post a Comment