Thursday, October 01, 2009

9 months


Wow - can you believe Cameron is 9 1/2 months old already?



I've been thinking that he hardly looks like the newborn baby that I brought home last Christmas...and how time has just flown by! I can't believe how big he is getting and that he isn't my tiny little newborn anymore.



Ok - he was never tiny but you get my drift.
Cameron had his well baby visit a few days ago.

Weight: 22 lbs 8 oz
Height: 28 inches
Cameron is crawling on all fours, but he doesn't do it at home. I think the tile floors must bother his knees.



He is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING. He has tons of bruises across his forehead from falling down. He does try to walk a bit too, especially if he has something to push like Madison's pooh bear truck or one of the dining room chairs.

He says a pretty mean "da-da" and even refers to Mike as da-da. He sometimes says Ma-ma but far less frequently. (Where is the justice???) Cameron adores his big sister and usually erupts into uncontrollable giggles when Madison is around. She tries to teach him to say "Mad-i-son" but he is usually giggling too much to get the words out.

Cameron gives Mama big wet kisses - they are one of the highlights of my day!

Cameron does not sleep well, but it is getting better. He is starting to go down on his own at night (he used to fall asleep while drinking his last bottle, I KNEW that would come back to bite me!) He still often fusses a couple times a night but I can usually calm him right back down with the Nuk. We are working on getting him to calm himself, but it is difficult when he shares a room with his sister. We don't want his cries to wake her up.

This boy can put away the food too! In fact, it is so impressive that a friend wants to buy him. (Seriously, Joe...how could I ever sell him??? You're welcome to him for an afternoon tho!) Cameron loves anything that can be eaten. Bananas are clearly a favorite of his as are noodles and chicken.



Cameron does not like to be told no. He hasn't heard it often yet, but he already understands that it means he can't do something. A few nights ago he started pounding on his highchair tray and throwing food all over the place. I sternly said "Cameron, NO!" His little lip dropped down and quivered and before I knew it there were huge crocodile tears rolling down his cheeks. TOO STINKING CUTE.
Things we are working on:

1. Saying Mama
2. Clapping
3. SO-BIG!
4. Peek-a-boo

From a personality standpoint, Cameron is much more mellow than Madison, but he is much more active too. I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to keep up with this little guy once he decides to start walking!

1 comment:

Michele said...

He is soooo cute! I just love his round little face and blonde hair.