Monday, October 12, 2009

A Monday to beat all Mondays

Dear God - we could have done without today. Really. Everything happens for a reason and at some point, we will understand your plan.



There were a few very good moments that I will do my best to remember about today. I can't let the downside of life get in the way of all that is wonderful. Crummy things happen sometimes and we need to hold on to the little things. They are most important anyway.



Like Cameron all bundled up for Daycare - this is a new coat handed down from a friend. I couldn't help but think it looked like a Carhart and how proud Grandpa Tigue and Uncle Trevor would be to see Cam in a Carhart! Cameron has taken off in the past few days! He is clapping, saying Dadadada! and Mum mum mum! He has also learned to blow raspberries. Over and over and over and over again.




Poor Madison was sick today. Possibly with strep throat. So, Mama stayed home with her. Doesn't she look miserable? She'll be home again tomorrow, but the fever seems to be finally breaking.



But she perked right up when I told her it was snowing and that it would be good for her to get a little fresh air. She was very excited to learn that I was going to let her go outside for a little bit! I love her beautiful smile.





I bundled her up like it was ten below even though it was at least 30 degrees. Little Miss Personality did not care though - she had been sprung from her fever imposed house arrest.




The first thing she did was make a snow angel! It didn't take long and the beautiful snow on our back yard was full of foot prints. I went out and pulled Madison on a sled, pelted her with snowballs and helped her build the first snowman of the winter. Sadly, (or not, depending on how you feel about snow.) the snowman is already a slushy puddle.



So - even though today was the suckiest Monday of my entire adult life - these are the moments that I will remember. This is what is most important.

No comments: