While at the camper this weekend, Jodi and I decided to take the kids to Collegeville Orchards. It's a small orchard/pumpkin patch in a small town not far from the camper. We visited the same orchard last fall as well.
The drive to the Orchard was nothing short of amazing. At one point, you drive down a deserted dirt road, in the thick of the Minnesota forest. The trees are all around you, displaying God's magnificent color pallet. It is silent except for the crunch of your tires and the chirp of the birds as they prepare to migrate. Leaves softly fall to the ground all around you. It reminded me that soon the snow will be falling in the same way. I wanted to stop and take a picture or at the very least, just sit there enjoying the peace.
But the tranquility is quickly shattered by little voices in the back seat saying "Are we there yet" and "how many pumpkins can I pick out, Mamma?"
No comments:
Post a Comment