Thursday, September 30, 2010

It comes to an end...

Well, the 30 day blog-a-thon end winding down. Counting today, I have blogged on 24 out of 30 days. Not bad. I'll take it!

What I have learned:

1. I blog purely to share the funny things my kids do and say with my friends and family. I am not blogging to make money, generate a lot of hits, or for any other type of gain.

2. I often get trapped by feeling like I need to include a picture in every blogpost. This thinking tends to limit my blogging. I've learned I do not need to always include a picture, but they are nice!

3. I will not likely jump at any opportunity to attend one of the many blogger conferences - my time is precious and its just not something I want to devote a lot of time to.

4. I have a lot of stories that I do want to tell through the blog. I brianstormed a list of things to write about and after a month of consistent blogging, there are still a lot of stories left on that list.

5. Blogging is a great way to share stories, but also to reconnect with friends. My blog is a place to share triumphs, joys and even some failures. Why failures? Well, someone out there is finding a way to make it work and if we all share what makes it work - we might learn something!

6. I am still searching for that magic pill to do it all - be a good Child of God, Mom, Wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, employee, housekeeper, chef, blogger and artist. If anyone finds it - please let me know!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Good job Tracy! It's been fun to follow you along 24/30 days! :)