When we adopted Windsor from Small Dog Rescue of MN, they told us he would not be a small dog. They warned us that he would easily be a 60 lb dog! Of course, when he was just a puppy, it was hard to tell. I kept telling everyone that he was so short, I did not see a 60 lb dog in him!
And it turns out that I was right. At nine months of age, Windsor stands about calf-high! He is very short and long. He is the PERFECT size for a house dog! He is pretty solid and weighs close to 30 pounds but he is no where near 60 lbs!
Windsor falls somewhere between sweet pup and gremlin. One minute, he is cute and cuddly and the next, he is evil. By evil, I mean he jumps up on people and small children, he eats plants (and trees!), he cannot tell the difference between his chew toys and the kid's toys. Oh...and he still sometimes poops on my floor. See what I mean? Part Gremlin.
Although I could do without the poop, I'm not sure how we'd get by without Windsor!
2 comments:
Your dog is very cute....and still very young. It has taken our 90lbs gremlin 6.5 years to become the dog we dreamed of. I couldn't imagine our life without him! Enjoy!
Oh he is so cute!
Post a Comment