Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Look who is FIVE!

It's almost a month overdue, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on Madison at five years old.

1.  Madison does things when she is darn good and ready to - and she does it on her own.  For instance, we tried for over a year to potty train her without success.  So we gave up.  Then when she turned three, she decided she was done with diapers.  All summer, we tried to teach her to ride a bike, but she didn't want to.  Then she decided one day that she was ready - and she went and learned without us even knowing!  She also recently learned to tie her shoelaces.  I had tried to teach her without success and one day she asked me to show her.  I showed her one time and then she practiced and practiced until she got it. 

2.  Madison is learning how to pray.  I often pray with her - I pray and she repeats it.  I have tried to get her to pray what is in her heart, but she never wanted to.  Last night she told me that she wanted to say a prayer and that I should repeat after her.  She had me repeat one word at a time:
We.
Pray.
To.
Jeez.
Is.
I laughed so hard, I couldn't repeat her prayer.  It was almost as good as the Glee Grilled Cheesuz. 

3.  Madison loves to sing and dance.  She is watching the CMA's with me and pretending to be Taylor Swift.  Taylor doesn't hold a candle to my Madison.

4.  Madison is learning how to read.  She amazes me with her ability to absorb information.  She is one sharp little cookie.  Look out Kindergarten!!!

5.  I love Miss Madison's smile.  It lights up a room - and melts my heart.  Every.Single.Time.

No comments: