Milestone 1. Madison got glasses! There is a little story behind them - at her pre-k screening last spring, they noticed a small problem with her right eye. I honestly thought she was just bored and being stubborn - but at her 5 year well child visit, I asked them to check and we definetely noticed a problem. It turns out she has something pretty similar to lazy eye, without the noticable wandering eye. It was a very lucky catch! Madison now has bright pink glasses with bling on the sides - so typical of her style! They are very cute on her and definetely highlight her sweetness.
2. Madison is ready to graduate to a booster seat! She has been trying to gain two pounds since the beginning of summer - to no avail. She started the summer weighing 38 pounds and even weighed in at 38 pounds two weeks ago at the doctor. She thought it was hopeless! She even started pointing out kids that weigh less that get to ride in booster seats. (I'm the meanest mom on the planet!) Just after getting her new glasses, Madison decided to jump on the scale and it said 41 pounds! A three pound gain! So, we agreed that if she stil weighs 40 or more pounds this weekend, we will switch her from a carseat to a booster seat. She responded to our agreement by saying "I'm going to need a bedtime snack every night to keep my weight up!" STINKER.
Now, she is OBSESSED with the scale! She is constantly checking to make sure she is still over 40 lbs.
3. Cameron has learned to escape his crib. He decided to show us his new trick over and over again on Monday night. He is extremely proud of himself. Me - well, not so much! We have been preparing because we knew it was coming. We had bought a bed, but not a matress or bedding. We have been getting his new room ready for his transition to a big boy bed. I just didn't think it would happen before he turned two!
It has gotten better since Monday night - he is escaping less. Tuesday he got out 3-4 times and tonight he didn't try to climb out at all. I'm knocking on all the wood that I can find as I type this!! I am not quite ready to no longer have any babies in a crib, so I'm hoping to prolong it just a little bit longer.
Indeed, it has been a week of milestones - little steps in this great big life.
1 comment:
I can relate with you on Cameron. My youngest was ready for his bed way before I was ready. By age 2 he had been in his big boy bed for about 3 months! Wonder why those 2nd children are obsessed with growing up too fast! haha!
Love Madison's new glasses! They look so adorable on her!
Sara
Post a Comment