Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's been six months....

Do you know where your lawn is????

I can FINALLY see my lawn. We have had snow on the ground since October. After this week's warm temperatures, the snow has retreated and my lawn is now visible. Upon further inspection, this is what I found....

The plow got us pretty good this past winter. Yep - that is our grass on TOP of the snowbank. This runs along the entire front property line. So, when the snowplow's blade overshoots the road, he does things right! Looks like we'll have to buy a few rolls of sod to repair the damage to our boulevard. At least he didn't get the mailbox! As the snowbanks have receded I have noticed many mailboxes listing to one side!




This snowbank is finally starting to shrink. To put this in perspective, this privacy fence is six-feet tall. The snowbank, at it's peak, nearly cleared the top of the fence.



Here is a sure sign of spring: Madison's new tennis shoes and a cute pair of sandles for summer....alongside her boots which are completely trashed! I was hoping these boots would get her through next winter too - but they are falling apart. I've already found a new pair on clearance for next winter. (yay, bargain shopper!) Let's just hope that next fall I remember where I stashed them!


And finally.....


My sweet girl and I, having a little fun!

Happy Spring.

Oh yea - spring's appearance is fleeting...we are expecting 6-8 inches of heart attack snow tomorrow. That's the thick, heavy snow that we get during this time of year.








No comments: