Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lots of Updates

Whew - it's been awhile since my last post! Here is what is happening on the Lee Ranch.

1. Baby Evan is out of the hospital and doing well. I was FINALLY able to see the little guy over the weekend and he is a sweetheart. I think he looks like Trevor but everyone else says he looks like Amanda. I think he has Trevor's eyes and chin. Thank God he didn't get the Tigue ears. Sorry - no pictures as I forgot my camera. However, my mom is sending me a burned CD of all the pictures from last weekend, so I will post them soon!

2. Brett Favre retirement: Mike is finally off suicide watch after Brett's announcement. Just kidding - he never really was on suicide watch, but he was pretty bummed out about it. On the night of the announcement we went to Brother's Bar and Grill for dinner and one last toast to our idol. All of us wore our Packer's jerseys. Madison even has a Brett Favre jersey! Many people stopped by our table to offer their sympathies. Surprisingly enough, many Vikings fans were sad to see Brett go. That night, my father in law swore that he is retiring his Brett Favre jersey. Maybe for father's day we'll have to buy him a wooden display case so he can retire it in style!

3. SE MN has been warm this week. The snowbanks are shrinking quickly! Spring is near!

4. The Easter Bunny visited our house over the weekend. Since Daddy is going to be away becoming a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, the 'ole bunny had to visit a few weeks early.

This is Madison with a mouthful of jelly beans:

There is a funny thing about Easter baskets - unless you put absolutely no candy in them, there is no way to avoid a breakfast of jellybeans and peeps. The consequence: a kid that is so hyped up, you'll wonder if someone gave them an espresso and a puppy. The Easter Bunny put jelly beans in all the eggs. For some reason, Madison felt that she had to eat all the jelly beans in an egg before she could find the next hidden egg. Good thing the Easter Bunny only hid seven eggs!

The Easter Bunny put a Disney Princess doll in her Easter basket. The doll was a big hit! She carries this doll everywhere now!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm surprised to that a lot of Viking fans are sad although let's face it they haven't had much to cheer about since the Denni Green/Randy Moss/Dante Culpepper days. Hopefully some good quarterbacks will emerge similarly to what happened with Tom Brady/Drew Bledsoe.

Madison is so cute and I love her red hair. She is growing up too fast! I'm glad to hear that Evan is ok (can't wait to see some pics of Trevor's kids with Madison) and congrats to your husband on his training.

Love,
Lisa