Friday, August 15, 2008

Must turn off....

The darn Olympics!

If you're wondering why my rear is dragging and my eyes are bloodshot, it is because I keep turning on the Olympics right before bed. Then I get sucked in and can't turn it off until midnight.

I don't even like Men's gymnastics, but that is what keeps getting me. I don't like it because I think it is a little weird/creepy how they prance around. With that said, I have seen a few pretty amazing pommel horse routines from the Americans.

I fell asleep before the end of the women's all-around last night - but I did see Nastia Liukin's amazing vault - and I could see her disappointment in the scores. I'm glad she won. I was cheering for Shawn Johnson, but Nastia's landings were clearly much much better and she deserved to win.

Swimming has been fun to watch too - and I can't complain about looking at Michael Phelps!

3 comments:

Yasemin said...

I keep thinking the same thing every night when I roll into bed super late around 12. I really don't care about Yang Wei and 14 year old Chinese girls with their baby teeth still intact, but the excitement sucks you in!

I really liked the competition yesterday. I prefer Natasha over Shawn but I felt sorry that the judges seemed to not like her much. She did great on her floor exercise.

I love Michael Phelps but am crazy about Aaron Peirsol the backstroke guy. He was in one of my college classes!

Nicole said...

Mmmm...Michael's abs are yummy!

Tracy said...

Yes- his abs are yummy...but he shouldn't talk.