I want to post pictures from our recent trip to the lake (and maybe some Nascar pix if Mike will let me...) but we are in the midst of moving kids bedrooms around and painting - with bedrooms being emptied out, I cannot get to my computer. Who knew there was so much stuff in those rooms? Hopefully the project will be done in a few days and I can get to my computer again. (I hope so, there are bills to pay too - gotta have Microsoft Money to do that!) In the meantime, you have to settle for a cute picture-less story posted from work! :)
Tuesday morning was brisk to say the least. Ok, it was downright COLD for August. The thermometer at our house said 44.3 degrees. Wow! That's only 12 degrees above freezing. Uh - is it November? Where did September and October go???? They are usually good for a few days of Indian Summer...
I was talking about the weather with Madison and this is how it went:
Mommy: Madison, it is COLD outside, I think winter is coming!
Madison: Yea, Mommy, winter is coming and then we get to go to hockey games!
I just about fell over. This kid has been going to see the Minnesota Ice Hawks junior A hockey team since she could walk. Daddy video tapes the games for the team and Grandpa is the beer man, so we get in free. We usually make it through two periods before Madison is ready for bed or I'm about ready to collapse from chasing her. She loves to watch the games with her Dad, but she also likes to run from one end of that ice arena to the other. She is friends with the coach's kids and I even caught her hugging and kissing the coach's son last season. (Dear Lord, she had better not grow up to date hockey players!)
She has a picture of the team that she used to take to bed with her at night. It now hangs on a bulletin board in her room and she'll point to it and say "That's MY hockey team!"
Madison clearly loves everything about hockey.
I think I see early morning practice in cold hockey rinks in my future.
Oh yea - and if we need any more confirmation that Winter is well on it's way, the first Ice Hawks game is in a mere 3 1/2 weeks!
3 comments:
This child definitely has the Richard Tigue hockey gene!
She does indeed - and I didn't even push it! I just take her to games, mainly because she asks to go!
She'll definitely have the drive to compete like you kiddos did! I'm just worried about the pucks hitting her, but it sounds like she'll be the one hitting them at bystanders at like 70 miles an hour so I guess we don't have to worry :)
Post a Comment