Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big Sister Class

Tonight, Madison and I are going to Big Sister Class. It is a class offered by the Mayo Clinic to help her learn what it will be like to be a big sister. She will even get a t-shirt proclaiming her the big sister. I can't wait to see how she reacts to being a big sister.

She is so excited about the class and talked about it the whole way to daycare. When we got there, she had to tell everyone that she was going to Big Sister Class tonight.

She is supposed to bring a doll to practice diapering and swaddling and a newborn baby picture of herself. We got both ready last night and put them in the car today. She insisted on bringing a bottle for the doll. When I told her I was afraid she would lose the bottle, she became very upset and worried that her baby would get thirsty. Too cute.

As we approached daycare, Madison asked me "Mommy, will Big Sister Class be like going to school?"

She has been very interested in school lately and keeps asking to go to pre-school, even though our daycare is beginning to offer some pre school curriculum.

Since I'm not sure what to expect in the class, I told her it will be like school in that she has to sit quietly and listen to her teacher.

Let's hope the class doesn't scare her into not wanting to be a big sister anymore!

No comments: