I had my 34 week appointment today and the news wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.
The good news is the baby is just fine. No worries there.
My blood pressure is still high. Today, it was 120/89. Since all of my labs are coming back normal, I have been diagnosed with gestational hypertension. Basically, that means that my blood pressure has gone up for no apparent reason other than the pregnancy. It doesn't mean much for the baby, but it could be dangerous for me.
So - what does that mean? My doctor normally starts going with every other week appointments at 34 weeks. Instead, I will now have weekly appointments to monitor my blood pressure. If my blood pressure hits either 140 on the upper end or 90 (I'm just one point shy) on the lower end, I will no longer be able to work.
If it continues to rise, we will look at delivering earlier than planned. The goal, of course, is to get to our planned delivery date of December 22. If the blood pressure doesn't cooperate, the next goal is 37 weeks. That is a mere two and a half weeks away.
So - as if I weren't stressed enough by trying to get everything done when I thought I had almost five weeks, now I'm really stressed knowing I may only have two and a half weeks! I'm sure that is just great for my blood pressure.
3 comments:
Tracy-sorry to hear about this but I'm sure everything will turn out great and you'll be meeting this perfect, handsome little guy in no time. Don't stress out about this-that would only raise your blood pressure more. Love ya, Lisa
Hang in there!!! Do me a favor...look at all those stresses you have. Are they really necessary? Do you really need to clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, do this or do that? NO, NO, NO. You need to let them go, as they are just things that don't matter. What matters right now, is you and the babies health. I think I stopped cleaning the house at about 28 weeks...I just didn't have the energy any longer. Chad did step up and took over much of it. But we also let a lot of it go!!! Remember the only stresses you really need to worry about right now is maybe getting that class done. That's all. Mike can do dinner and clean, you go home put your feet up and relax. Spend some quality time with Madison. And if Mike won't do it, I'll have Chad get on him! See you on Sunday!!!
Jodi - you know me too well! Actually, all the stress is making sure the cradle is ready, changing table, car seat, pump....it's almost all done. I put Mike on battery duty - making sure all the baby toys have batteries in them. That's a BIG job especially when every other day Madison brings him a toy that needs a new battery too.
Post a Comment