It is official – summer has started. For us, summer is not officially here until we have had a camping trip and a boat ride. This past Memorial Day weekend, we did both! We joined our friends, the Franz’s, for a long weekend of camping at Kamp Dels in the tiny town of Waterville MN. At just over an hour’s drive, this location is perfect for us!
It was our first trip to this campground and we will definitely be back. We paid $58 per night for a site with water and electric – I was apprehensive because that is pretty expensive for tent camping. We usually pay $15-25 per night. After being there, it was well worth the money! We had a blast. There is a petting zoo for the kids – and it even has a rooster that so conveniently woke us up in the morning, thank you very much. There is a heated pool and children’s water park that kept Madison busy for hours.
Before you go looking for some fabulous pictures from the weekend, don't hold your breath. These were taken with Mike’s Blackberry. In an effort to save space, we didn’t bring my Nikon DSLR and grabbed our Fuji point and shoot instead. BIG MISTAKE. The darn thing decided to lock up on us every time we tried to take a shot – and point and shoots are just too slow to capture kids anyway. I need something that can fire off 20-30 shots in the span of 3 seconds. The Blackberry camera just does not hold a candle to my Nikon.
Cameron even enjoyed the waterpark. He looks like an old man in his cute swimming trunks! He was a great camper too!

The fresh air made the kiddos sooooo tired! They slept like rocks out in the cool night air. I love sleeping outdoors when it is in the mid 50’s! – it is the best sleep ever.
It was our first trip to this campground and we will definitely be back. We paid $58 per night for a site with water and electric – I was apprehensive because that is pretty expensive for tent camping. We usually pay $15-25 per night. After being there, it was well worth the money! We had a blast. There is a petting zoo for the kids – and it even has a rooster that so conveniently woke us up in the morning, thank you very much. There is a heated pool and children’s water park that kept Madison busy for hours.
Before you go looking for some fabulous pictures from the weekend, don't hold your breath. These were taken with Mike’s Blackberry. In an effort to save space, we didn’t bring my Nikon DSLR and grabbed our Fuji point and shoot instead. BIG MISTAKE. The darn thing decided to lock up on us every time we tried to take a shot – and point and shoots are just too slow to capture kids anyway. I need something that can fire off 20-30 shots in the span of 3 seconds. The Blackberry camera just does not hold a candle to my Nikon.
Cameron even enjoyed the waterpark. He looks like an old man in his cute swimming trunks! He was a great camper too!

The fresh air made the kiddos sooooo tired! They slept like rocks out in the cool night air. I love sleeping outdoors when it is in the mid 50’s! – it is the best sleep ever.
Funny story about sleeping – it was about 7pm on Sunday night. Mike had gone to shower. Madison and I were going to go for a much needed shower after he returned. I had her waiting in her campfire chair while I grabbed towels, clean undies, and shampoo for both of us – and this is what I found:


She was completely zonked out! She fell asleep, sitting up, in her chair! I even tried to wake her when her Daddy returned but her shower train had already left the station. Instead, I just snapped pictures and figured she could smell for one more day!
And yes, she is sleeping in this picture – Madison and Cameron both sleep with their eyes open. It is the weirdest thing and creeps me out.

We learned that Cameron likes the boat – but he is not at all fond of his life jacket. What kid is tho? They are big, bulky, constricting, and hot. He did really well for a 3-4 hour boat ride on Sunday. Boating with an infant is tough – you have to hold onto them, so it is hard for me to help with much – poor Mike gets stuck doing most of the work when we’re out on the water.

We can’t wait for more camping trips this summer – once I get through these two MBA classes, be on the lookout for the Lee Family around a campfire.


She was completely zonked out! She fell asleep, sitting up, in her chair! I even tried to wake her when her Daddy returned but her shower train had already left the station. Instead, I just snapped pictures and figured she could smell for one more day!
And yes, she is sleeping in this picture – Madison and Cameron both sleep with their eyes open. It is the weirdest thing and creeps me out.

We learned that Cameron likes the boat – but he is not at all fond of his life jacket. What kid is tho? They are big, bulky, constricting, and hot. He did really well for a 3-4 hour boat ride on Sunday. Boating with an infant is tough – you have to hold onto them, so it is hard for me to help with much – poor Mike gets stuck doing most of the work when we’re out on the water.

We can’t wait for more camping trips this summer – once I get through these two MBA classes, be on the lookout for the Lee Family around a campfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment