Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My New Toy



I FINALLY bit the bullet and bought a laptop. I have wanted one for a long time - but I couldn't find an affordable laptop that was powerful enough to handle all of my pictures and photo editing. I just didn't think I could give up the desktop computer.


Mike has been building an arcade emulator cabinet and needed my old ginormous monitor for it - so we started looking at the prices for new flat screen monitors so he could take mine. At the same time, Mike got a pricelist at work with some special deals on business class HP laptops. They were powerful enough for my pictures! When I compared the prices, I realized that I was better off spending a little more and getting what I want. So, I did it.


My favorite features are the built in web cam (someday I'll record Madison singing the national anthem or something!) and the built in SD card reader so I can quickly and easily transfer images.

2 comments:

Yasemin said...

That is not a Dell, missy :) I LOVE it! In general HP is wonderful. I only hope you didn't buy it over the phone though, just because we rip people off :) It sounds like you went through business rather than consumer. Very smart move, does it even have XP or are you comfy with Vista? These days it is worth it to add what you want initially, much pricier later. I'm certain you got a good one with plenty of memory and at least a 320GB hard drive. Is it a gamer lap-top or more of just a business one?

Tracy said...

More of a business laptop - I wanted it for school and for photo editing. Although, it has a pretty nice graphics card, so most gamers would be pleased with it. The hard drive is only a 160 gig - I had to settle for a smaller hard drive to get everything else that I wanted - but no fears, my microsoft systems engineer husband can upgrade it when I need it. It has vista, downgraded to XP. I'm going to skip Vista all together and probably go with windows 7 when it comes out. Mike is already testing it and seems to like it much more than vista.

Oh - and I didn't buy it through HP directly, I bought it at cost through Mike's job...that saved me a ton of cash. Remember, I said I was looking at buying a new flat screen monitor (not terribly expensive at all....) but decided to go this route because it wasn't much more...