So, my plan was to write a re-cap of the highs and lows of 2007 - and then write up my goals for 2008. I still plan to do both when I get a few minutes.
We had a fantastic end to 2007. As many of my readers know, we are Green Bay Packers season ticket holders. We have owned the tickets for three years after Mike wrote a letter to the Packers saying we would be happy to take single seat tickets as long as we could get two seats in the same section. We share the tickets with Mike's parents. Our seats are actually only four seats apart with one row in between. You could almost share a beer. Sitting alone at a game is not bad at all. I almost always sit next to someone who is enjoying their first game at Lambeau Field and I always make a new friend.
The Green Bay Packers are having their best season in recent memory and Brett Favre is having the best season of his career. We started talking about the chance that the Packers would go to the Super Bowl and the lottery for superbowl tickets that season ticket holders get put into. We thought the odds that we would actually get superbowl tickets were pretty slim.
On New Year's Eve night, I opened a letter from the Green Bay Packers. I thought it was just information regarding our playoff tickets. Much to my surprise, the letter said that we had been randomly drawn from the 75,000 other season ticket holders to receive the option to purchase two superbowl tickets at $700 apiece.
There goes my new year's resolution to spend less and save more!
One simply cannot pass up tickets to go to the Super Bowl.
I won't get to go. Somehow, Mike and his dad get to use the playoff tickets AND the Super Bowl tickets. (I admit that I'm just a little bit bitter....)
However, if the Pack does go on to the Super Bowl, all four of us (Mike, his dad, his mom, and I) will all fly to Phoenix. The guys will go to the game and Sheila and I will find a nice comfy bar with good food to cheer on our beloved Packers. Even if I won't get to go to the game, I'll get a short little vacation to somewhere warm in the dead of winter.
This does give me motivation to focus on my resolution to lose about 10 pounds. I have to work towards that swimsuit body so I can at least enjoy the hot tub at our hotel.
So - good luck Pack. They only need to win two more games for me to enjoy a few days in sunny Arizona.
3 comments:
Dear Tracy,
That sounds so exciting! I hope they can win if only to wipe that smirk off Tom Brady's face and avoid having to see Jessica Simpson ruin another Dallas game for Tony Romo! I would also be happy to see Brett Favre have another ring. Hope you are well, Madison is too cute!
Love,
Cousin Lisa
So nice to see you're reading the blog! How are you????
For the Pack's sake, I hope Jessica Simpson keeps going to Cowboys games! Tony Romo seems to choke whenever an attractive lady is watching him play! (does his Carrie Underwood performance ring a bell???)
Dallas may choke even without Carrie and Jessica-or at least we can only hope! I really don't want to see Bill Belicheck/Tom Brady round 4 either, so I'm very hopeful that Green Bay will prevail!
We are fine, Youssef is growing up fast and I'm working for one of Dell's companies selling Dell warranties. I'm hoping to set up a blog soon...
Hope that you are doing well-I love seeing you guys on the blog!
Post a Comment