Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Promotion

Well - I got the news that I have been waiting for. I interviewed last week for a job within Mayo Clinic as a Finance Associate in the department of Research Accounting. I just accepted an offer today and am very excited about it.

I was a little hesitant because I was happy where I was at, but this is a step up for me and will provide a lot of opportunity in the future. Basically, I will be doing all the accounting for research physicians. I will tell them if their grant allows them to purchase that new kajillion dollar electron microscope or if they have enough money in the budget to order up a new research monkey. (That's a lab assistant, silly!!!) I will also be working quite a bit in process improvement as they have just implemented a new accounting system and are working on learning to be more efficient with it. Process improvement is really intriguing to me, so I am excited to dig in and figure it out!

This was a tough decision for me. I was really happy with my current job. It was the kind of job where there was no stress and you walked out the door at 5pm and forgot about it. However, it wasn't terribly stimulating and I was often bored with it. I will miss the people that I work with in Patient Account Services and I hope that our paths will cross again in the world of health care finance.

My official transition date is February 20th, just five short days before I am scheduled for Jury Duty....

4 comments:

Joe and Heather said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Plus it sounds really interesting!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Tracy! Hope your new job works out great - and good luck with jury duty!

Chad, Jodi, Kendall and Sydney said...

WAY TO GO!!! Congrats on the promotion...I'm sure it will be a great move. Oh, have fun with Jury duty!!!