Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Is it Christmas already?

It has been like Christmas in our office. Right around Thanksgiving, we were informed that we were getting new computers with dual 21-inch flat screen monitors. Wow! Everyone was so excited - having two monitors is so nice because we have many computer programs running all at once and bop back in forth from one to the other. It takes a little getting used to, but the second monitor has made my job easier and I am more efficient!

Today we learned that we were also getting cordless headsets for our phones. COOL. When you work in a call center you are literally chained to the telephone. The computer determines your schedule and you have a six foot tether on your headset. I always wondered why we didn't have cordless headsets and figured it was because they are expensive and we have a lot of turnover. All new employees get a new headset (it would be gross to get a hand me down!) so I thought it was just a financial thing.

Everyone in our office thinks the new monitors and headsets are a precursor to more job duties.

I disagree.

I work for a non-profit. It was the end of the year. They needed to use up the budget or get less in the future.

My new headset is pretty sweet.

No comments: