Whats a blog without pictures anyhow???
I haven't had much time lately to take out my camera, let alone load the photos on my computer. I have to get one of those new wireless memory cards that just morphs my photos from my camera to my computer without any intervention!!!
So, what's new in the Lee household?
Not much.
My drapes still aren't up.
I scrapbooked with my mom and some of her Target friends last weekend. It was fun to get some pages done and it was great time spent with my Mom!
While I scrapbooked my Dad and Mike repacked the bearings for the boat trailer. With that done, Mike was able to move the boast off of our lawn and into the garage. (now my car will sit out all summer) It was in a tight spot and I was nervous for him to be trying to pull it out, especially with the lawn still being really wet. However, it went really well and with far less swearing than I expected. It didn't tear up the grass at all.
Last night, we pulled the old boat out and hooked 'her up to the garden hose. Mike wanted to get it running and make sure everything seemed okay before we haul it to a lake. She started up just like she did when she was new! I think the whole neighborhood heard me yell "Woohoo!" when he fired it up!
With gas prices being even higher this summer, I think our boat trips will be a little more limited. It isn't so much the gas that the boat uses - that old thing does pretty well on gas - it's the gas in the truck to get the boat to the lake. The truck doesn't get great mileage to start with and then you add a 3500 pound boat and you can watch your gas gauge drop.
Despite gas prices, I will still be enjoying the boat. It just might be a lot closer to home this year! The fun we have on the lakes is priceless and I can't wait to get out there soon!
So - the boat is ready for the lake. Spring is officially here. Too bad the ice hasn't gone out on the lakes yet!!! Here's hoping the ice is out for opening fishing.
2 comments:
Tracy,
These gas prices are so outrageous! We're at $3.55 here now. I hope you can get out to the lake-do you usually still go to Crosslake? It sounds so nice right about now!
Lisa
We go to lakes in Southern MN now (crosslake is a 3 1/2 hour drive for us!) There is Lake Zumbro near us, Madison Lake, and the Mississippi River. We really like the river, but the boat is a little small for it.
Gas is $3.42 here but we expect that to go up closer to the nat'l average.
Post a Comment