This is the conversation that is going on in my head today:
Silly Minnesotans: Gee, the temp is above freezing, I can see my grass, there is even a robin. It MUST be spring!!!
Mother Nature: HAHA! April Fool's!!! It's still winter in Minnesota and to prove it, here is eight more inches of snow!!!!
Despite Mother Nature's cruel joke, I am making my spring cleaning list today. The list is long but at the top of it is CLEANING MY CAR. My car is always neat. There is rarely stale fast food, pop cans, or dirty changes of clothes in my car. However, after a long snowy winter, it sure is DIRTY! I can't wait for it to be a bit warmer and for the ground to dry out so I can scrub down the interior of my car. It is so dirty this spring, I may even have to replace the floor mats. After I get the interior cleaned out, I will give the outside a good power wash, shine the tires up and put on a coat of wax. Fun stuff.
There are other things on my list like recharging the fire extinguishers, cleaning out the vent hose on my dryer, and scrubbing grout. The tile in my entryway has some dirty looking grout right now! It will be a few more weeks before I tackle that because with my luck, I'll get it all clean and then it will snow again and more dirt and mud will get tracked in on it!
So, Mother Nature, I am calling your bluff. It is spring in Minnesota and I have the spring cleaning list to prove it!!!
What is on your spring cleaning list?
2 comments:
I say for Mother's Day, your husband and child should get you a 1 time cleaner to come in and do your spring cleaning for you!!!
Teehee - that would be SOOOO nice. I'm afraid tho that if the one time cleaner saw my closets, she would run and never come back!
Post a Comment