
I found a great blog that I thought I would share. http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/
Each day, this lady posts different projects geared for 2-5 year olds. They are fun and simple projects that take only a short time to complete. She also includes related book suggestions and a song, usually complete with a video of her singing the song.
If you were a stay at home mom, you could do a different project each day - but since I also work full time, we usually do one project each week. We start with a trip to the library to check out the suggested books for a project. We read a different book each night and then end the week with the art project.
This week, it was a ladybug. We read the three book selections, Miss Spider and I Love Bugs were her favorites! Madison did really well with the lady bug project. I do not believe she has ever painted before, so it was a new experience for her. I should have taken a few pictures of her painting but I was having so much fun with her that I forgot.
I am building Madison's craft bucket. So far the essentials include:
Glue Stick
Elmer's Glue
safety scissors
construction paper
multicolored pipe cleaners
multicolored mini poms
paper plates
paper lunch bags
Washable poster paints
What are the essentials in your child's craft bucket?
4 comments:
Tracy,
Thanks for the great ideas!
So sad about Hans....However, we'll always have great memories. I was just thinking of the emails when we were all college students.
It is sad. My mom said that his wife, Angel, lives up to every bit of the name. She said that Angel is a very very nice person. We aren't going to the funeral - it is a six hour drive from here and even with a portable DVD player, it would be really tough with a two year old.
Youssef's craft bucket includes these things and also glitter-a big no, no! He also for a time had confetti but after endless vacuuming on a daily basis that had to end. He especially likes to read Dora books for some reason and any project must include her, Boots, and Swiper. It also used to include classic 1969 Scooby Doo but lately it's all about Dora
One of my all time favorite projects was his Easter basket at day care. They did plaster of paris with a balloon underneath and then painted them their favorite colors and added what else, Dora stickers. I also loved the windsock they made last week as well. Manila paper is good for so much. Your ideas are terrific! I loved the lady bug!
I'm so glad that Hans could rely on his wife during this final period. I can only imagine how hard that would be with Madison.
I'm a big fan of glitter glue - it's the glitter and glue all in one and you don't get the mess!
Madison's craft bucket also has some self adhesive foam letters and shapes - but they are a little tough for her chubby hands to manipulate right now...they will be added back to the bucket when she is a little older.
Post a Comment