Do you ever have days where it seems like the whole world is against you? You know the ones - at the end of the day you just want to retreat to a warm bubble bath with a bottle of wine...or better yet, retreat to your deck with a bucket of margaritas.
That was my day yesterday. I think it may be spilling over to today as well!
So - here is my rant post. My pity party. I'm going to let it all out and then I'm moving on!!! (Ranting is ALMOST as good as that bucket of margaritas...but not quite.)
This is how it all went down:
**My new draperies and hardware came in at JC Penney yesterday so I picked them up after work. When I got them home I discovered that they put the wrong size in the package and they are too small for my windows. Now I have to wait another week for the correct ones to come in. I was really excited about getting them up too. The old ones were looking a little tired and I'm ready for a change!!
**Planned on making burgers for supper last night. It was too darn windy and we were nearly out of propane so we couldn't keep the grill lit. I ended up driving all the way BACK to the JC Penney area to pick up sandwiches at Arby's.
**The southwest chicken sandwiches at Arby's are 2 for $4. They sounded like they would be good with a side salad, especially in a pinch. The "southwest" part indicates that they would have a bit of a kick to them. Nope. Not at all. Plain old boring breaded and fried chicken sandwich with a pickle thrown in for good measure. They were really small too. Definetely not worthy of my $2. Did you know that Arby's does not carry side salads? I don't think we'll be going back to Arby's anymore. They have gotten chintzy and expensive.
**Since Mike knew I had the drapes, he took down the old ones and ALL the hardware. Now the whole world gets to see me in my living room at night with absolutely nothing covering the windows. Nice. I'll have to remember that while I'm changing clothes and Madison falls down or something and starts screaming. Sorry Madison - your tears have to wait until Mommy can find a shirt to throw on!
**Oh yea - and I purposely made sure that JC Penney screwed up the drapery order. It's my fault. I did it just to inconvenience everyone. Somehow, I had a way of KNOWING that they put the wrong size in the package. Men.
**To top it all off - Madison wants to fight EVERYTHING lately. When it's time to brush her teeth, she won't brush her teeth nor will she let me do it. Time to go to daycare - she won't put her shoes on or she insists on wearing sandals when it's only 30 degrees outside.
**I almost forgot this one!!! When we were leaving for daycare yesterday - the thermometer at home said 14 degrees. It was sunny but I could see frost on the grass so I believed the thermometer and pulled out the winter coats and hats. When I went out to warm out the car, it clearly felt warmer than 14 degrees. It was too late to change (especially when Madison battles every little change right now!) So, we went to work and daycare all bundled up like it was January. The thermometer in my car said it was 31 degrees and it reached over 60 degrees. Yep, we really needed the warm hats, mittens, and coats....we looked like fools all day!
So - there you have it. My rant. That bucket of margaritas still sounds good. I know that there are many people in the world with much bigger problems. It's important to keep things in perspective.
3 comments:
Tracy,
I'm having one of those days today so I loved this!
My current job at one of Dell's third party companies called Rainmaker, Inc is on the verge of a May 2 lay-off but they'd like to bring me back in June when they sign their Microsoft contract. Or at least they hope so. Luckily, the offer I've been waiting for from Dell came through at 7:00 AM this morning with a perfect May 5 start date. And it's in Round Rock by the fam! Thank God!
But yes, I've been having a lot of those days lately.
Arby's is not as good as it used to be. Last time I got a roast beef sandwich, the flavor was a little off. I'm not sure what else is there in MN for fast food, but Subway sounds better.
Hope your day gets better~
Lisa
Good luck with the new job! Will you have to move? I'm not even sure where you're living these days.
Tracy,
I live in Austin, so it will be a 20 minute drive with no need to move. Hopefully, all will fall into place. There's still a possibility that I could stay at my current job, but now I'm wondering if it's even a good idea-since it's very unstable.
Thanks so much and I hope things are much better today!
Post a Comment