Monday, January 11, 2010

12 month update


Cameron is ONE!  I can't believe how fast the past year has gone.  My sweet baby boy isn't a baby anymore, but a toddler that is developing his own personality with each passing day.

Cameron had a check-up recently.  He weights about 24 pounds (I'm too lazy to go find the sheet that shows the exact weight.)  He has actually lost a little bit of weight.  He is easily in the 75th percentile for weight but the doctors say he is just a healthy boy and there is nothing to worry about. 

I'm not sure how tall he is but he is in the 50th percentile for height.  (Man, with Madison I had those number MEMORIZED!)  It's funny how priorities change.

Cameron still prefers to say Dada over Mama...but he is saying it more and more.  He even said Grandma once on Christmas Eve.  (Much to my Mom's delight).




Cameron still has only two teeth, but he seems to be working on a mouthful of them and is quite miserable.  Poor guy.

He is walking now - and getting into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  I don't know why we buy him toys, he'd rather play with whatever Mom is using at the moment.  No tupperware, serving utensil or pot and pan is safe!  Back to his walk, it's a cute little waddle.  It just makes me smile to see him walking through the house.  He also likes to dance.  A LOT.  Anytime music comes on, he starts to wiggle.  It doesn't help that I'm always singing "shake your booty" to him! 

I have been on the receiving end of his adorable hugs.  He squeezes so tight around the neck and then pats my back.  It is truly the best part of my day.  Mike has been lucky enough to get a kiss from Cam.

Cameron also likes to cluck his tongue.  A few days ago, I noticed that he turns his tongue sideways when he tries to talk.  My first instinct was to be concerned about it but the more I watched the more I realized it is simply adorable and for now, I'll just enjoy this cute little quirk.

Cameron is a good eater.  In fact, he has yet to meet a food that he doesn't like.  At his birthday party, he double fisted his cake and ice cream.  He didn't need the fork, he just picked one up in each hand and started eating! 


I have never seen a kid put away a bowl of chili like he does. 

I think he missed a spot....

I


 

1 comment:

Joe and Heather said...

Happy birthday Cameron!