Walgreens recently opened in Rochester. I've been following a lot of blogs where people say they are able to get a lot of their personal care items for free using Walgreens coupons, sales, and register rewards.
So, I made my list, clipped my coupons and off to Walgreens I went!
And I did save money. I saved more than I spent and had earned register rewards for my next trip.
I proudly brought my purchases home. It was really cold and the driveway was snowy and muddy. So, I brought everything in to our entryway. Leaving it just inside the door, I walked back to the car to get the kiddos.
The screen door slammed harder than normal and I heard something crash. I shrugged, thinking it was probably just the picture on the wall - it falls sometimes. I didn't think anything of it.
I unbuckled Madison first and sent her towards the house since it was so cold.
I could hear her saying "Maaaooom, the picture fell again" as I unbuckled Cam.
I walked in the house and set Cam down on the steps. I bent down to pick up the picture and noticed it was kind of wet. "Madison, how did you get snow on this?" I asked.
"There was no snow, Mommy."
Hmmm...then the smell hit me.
My $0.99 bleach! I looked down and discovered a giant hole in the gallon of bleach. As I stood there in the middle of our little entryway, I noticed the pool of bleach all over the floor.
The rug was soaked. All of the shopping bags were sitting in a puddle. Madison and I were both standing in it.
Panic.
I kicked off my shoes and grabbed Cam to throw him in the crib. I pulled off Madison's boots and coat and sent her for paper towels and a trash can.
I had to wipe off each item and send Madison to put them away, one by one. Once all the purchases were taken care of I mopped up the bleach, rolled the rug, and threw it in the shower. I was hoping I got the bleach off quickly enough to avoid ruining the rug.
After everything was said and done, the rug was not saved, although it is still in use. There is a bleached out spot on the carpet on our stairs and my favorite brown pants are ruined.
So - I saved $38.95 at Walgreens and it only cost me about $89.95 for a full sized entryway rug, $49.95 for brown pants, and Lord knows how much for new carpeting on the stairs.
I'm not sure my pocketbook is cut out for this money saving stuff! On the positive side, my entryway floor is really clean!
1 comment:
Wow!
Post a Comment