A New Year always brings with it a feeling of hope, possibility, and a clean slate. I love that “clean slate” feeling! I almost always spend a little time re-evaluating the previous year and create goals for the coming year.
My goals (or good intentions) almost always include the topics of:
Physical Health – usually weight loss or more consistent exercise
Financial Health - you know, spend less and save more
Spiritual Health - For me, spiritual health isn’t just about my faith but its about doing the things that recharge my batteries. It’s about taking time to do the things that lift up my spirit.
Professional Health. – well, that is self explanatory.
So – in re-evaluating 2009 I discovered that I have grown (and it hasn’t all been positive!)
I learned that I feel a whole lot better when I attend the church of sleeping in less and Bethel Lutheran more. I learned that juggling two kiddos is a lot of work but one of life’s greatest joys. I’ve learned that Madison is my greatest blessing and greatest challenge, all wrapped up into one cute red-headed package. I’ve learned that I have a very soft spot in my heart for my sweet Cameron and I hope his Dad can be the disciplinarian with him because Cam has me wrapped around his little finger. I’ve learned that unexpected surprises (Mike’s job loss) can be a huge blessing in disguise. I’ve learned that I have strength that I didn’t know I had. I’ve learned that sometimes we just need to beg-for, demand, and finally take a little time for ourselves. I’ve learned that a diet of cookies, Coca-Cola, and chicken wings will not help with the baby weight. (That’s the not so positive part!)
So – what do I hope for 2010? I hope that it is a spectacular year! I hope that I can continue to grow in positive ways (and not so much in my waistline!)
Physical Health – My pants are telling me it is far beyond time to lay off the cookies, coca-cola and chicken wings. That is my main goal for this year. I plan to celebrate and reward my successes. I’m following the brand new Mayo Clinic Diet – read the book, it’s great!
Financial Health – well – that goal kind of conflicts with my plan to reward myself for my physical health successes…but I can still focus on spending less and saving more! I am currently learning a few new ways to save at the grocery store (look for a follow up post on my short term failure in that regard!)
Spiritual Health – I worked on this last year and I will continue to work on it this year. Scheduling a little time each week to work on a pastime that recharges my batteries is my priority. Wednesday nights is my night to focus on my scrapbooking. The dishes, meals plans and laundry can wait – I am a better Mom when I take this time. This year I am considering moving into digital scrapbooking and I hope to begin with the 2010 photos. If you have any great digi scrapping resources – feel free to share!
Professional Health – For the past few years, I have been very focused on completing my MBA without paying for it. (That’s why I’m three years in and still working on it!) I have just 5 classes to go, three of which will be completed during 2010. Since that goal is right on track, I’m also going to focus on my next career steps during 2010. Hopefully there will be more to come on that!
So, there it is – a public declaration of my 2010 goals.
1 comment:
Looks like a good plan. I like the idea of reflection and then the forward thinking of improvement. I'll have to sit down and reflect as well! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment