Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mixed feelings


I'm trying to figure out how to stop time. I need to prevent 8am Monday morning from happening!


Alas, my nine weeks of maternity leave have simply flown by. It feels like just yesterday that I was waking Mike up and telling him to clear his schedule because Cameron was ready to be born. I will be back at work tomorrow and Cameron will be joining Madison at daycare. Madison is so excited to show off and protect her baby brother from all germy three and four year olds!
I have mixed feelings about going back to work.
I look forward to the routine.
I dread trying to get it all done while working 40 hours each week.
I look forward to some quiet time at work.
I dread not cuddling Cameron and Madison each morning.
I look forward to seeing my co-workers.
I dread only seeing Cameron and Madison for three hours each day.
I look forward to getting a paycheck that did not come entirely from my accumulated PTO.
I dread paying my mortgage sized daycare bill.

No comments: