Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mom, I talk a lot


Before Cameron was born, Madison would often tell me that she talks a lot. She would just randomly say it in the car.

Of course, I always noticed that she would chatter non-stop after I picked her up from daycare. I just thought she was excited to tell me about her day. Then, Cam was born and I had Madison home a lot while daycare was closed around the Holidays. I learned something about Madison while she was home with me.

This child talks from the moment she wakes up until she falls asleep at night. NON-STOP. She carries on a continuous color commentary about what is going on in her world. Don't you dare try to tune her out. no-siree bob. She will make you pay.

Don't bother asking for five minutes of quiet. She is not capable of it.

I'm in so much trouble when she asks for her first cell phone.

2 comments:

DawnNick said...

I completely know how you feel. Karly never stops talking NEVER and she even talks some in her sleep! It is so interesting to listen to her when she is playing by herself because the stuff she comes up with blows my mind. She has such an imagination! I guess I was the same way but my dad says that he must have had more patience when I was young because Karly's non stop talking drives Bumpa crazy! I hope all is well back at work for you. I know its hard but now that I stay home full time I cant wait to go back for the me time and the quiet and I truly think the kids learn so much from going to daycare and hey then they have playmates!

Tracy said...

Isn't the non stop talking EXHAUSTING? I realize that Madison recharges her batteries by talking to others, but I am the polar opposite and I recharge in quiet thought. So, I'm exhausted and she is the energizer bunny!

We are settling into a nice routine - I agree that kids learn so much in daycare so I know it is good for them. Actually, working part time would be perfect for me!