Wednesday, February 25, 2009

There goes my pride and ego too.

Add to my trashed self esteem my bruised pride and ego.

The temperature overnight here hovered around the freezing mark - add to that a driveway that is slightly sloped to one side to allow for water run-off and it's a slippery combination!

As I was leaving for work this morning, I went trucking out to the garage carrying my pump and lunch bag. I hit the sloped part of the driveway where snow melt had been running over it all night and, you guessed it - my feet went up and my backside went down. HARD.

Of couse - you NEVER want the neighbors to see that happen to you...so you scramble up as fast as you can without making sure you didn't break a hip...and you continue on your merry way as if nothing happened.

I'm pretty sure they saw it though. If they didn't, the limp probably gave it away.

So, my self esteem is gone thanks to the three year old.
My pride and ego are bruised.
I'm pretty sure my backside, leg and knee will be bruised too.
That makes for one helluva week...and its only Wednesday.

No comments: