On Saturday, we took the kids ice skating. All of them are getting really good at skating! Madison is still holding on to a chair but it won't be long and she'll be brave enough to let go and skate on her own! By the time we left, Mason was doing really well on his own. The weather was so nice, even Cameron got to enjoy the ice rink. He sat in his infant car seat along the boards while we helped the kids skate.


Once back at the house, we decided to have a winter campfire. The kids bundled up and roasted a few marshmallows around the fire and then decided to slide off the deck in their sleds. They also played on the swingset - Uncle Trevor kept icing down the slide with snow to make it really fast!

Cameron hung out with Grandma in the house. Isn't he cute?

On Sunday, the bigger kids went for a snowmobile ride. The weather was absolutely perfect and the trails were nice. We stopped a couple of times at shelters along the trail and enjoyed the campfires that are lit by the local trail riders club. Madison had a great time on her first trail ride. At one point on a very smooth and straight stretch of the trail, we were able to pick up the speed to about 35 MPH, Madison held her arms out to the side like she was flying.


We had a great time over the weekend and can't wait to do it again!
3 comments:
Love the picture of Grandma with baby Cam! This looks like so much fun. This seems to be the winter that will never end. Hope you are fully recovered Tracy. I had no idea Trevor was living in Grand Rapids. You don't mean Grand Rapids, MI do you?
I just got laid off very recently, and love being home! Are you also kind of sad to have to go back soon?
Trevor is in Grand Rapids MN, it's about a five-six hour drive from Rochester.
This has been a long winter, but I like it when we get a lot of snow - I'll take the snow over the cold anyday!
I'm feeling well - I still can't do a sit-up, but that takes awhile for those muscles to heal and become stronger.
So sorry to hear that you were laid off - these are tough times. Trevor was recently laid off as well and will likely have to move back to the Twin Cities area in hopes of finding work. We continue to be thankful for our jobs each day and pray that we continue to have them!
Luckily, in my case it was a legal lay-off and not a termination. So I qualify for unemployment. IT sales is so bad right now that I'm willing to take a breather and look for a job with the state for awhile. I hope Trevor also got unemployment, I can't imagine it without that.
Thanks for your concerns Tracy. It's going ok actually!
Glad to hear your getting better. You look rested and able to have fun, almost more fun than pre-Cameron :) Hope your having a nice Valentine's. I'm sure Madison is trying give Cameron her candy or something. So cute~!
Post a Comment